Lease Collections Specialist
The Lease Collections Specialist is responsible for all Accounts Receivable for an assigned portfolio of high volume shopping centers while providing excellent customer service. Responsibilities include research and resolution of tenant’s billing questions, account reconciliations, and special projects for tenants’ accounts.
- Contact delinquent tenants and collect rental payments
- Gain a solid understanding of tenant lease language and have an understanding of how it pertains to tenant payments.
- Resolves routine and non-routine administrative problems and answers inquiries.
- Present AR collection efforts at monthly AR meetings to internal management and owners.
- Track data with regard to tenant communication in MRI to ensure solid record keeping and to use as a reference.
- Consistently adheres to providing excellent customer services to all customers with professionalism, patience and ensure adherence to the lease.
- Communicate via verbal and written with tenants to address their concerns and summarize all interactions in accounting system.
- Take ownership of the portfolio with the ability to handle changing priorities and deadlines.
- Forge positive relationships with both fellow staff and tenants.
- Take a proactive approach to the position and recognize roadblocks to getting a task complete and research issues to resolve.
- Performs and assists in other duties as needed and directed.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting desired
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Detail-oriented and possess analytical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of management and staff as well as outside clients.
- Possess good organization, communication and follow-up skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Be tactful and diplomatic through accurate verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Be mature, flexible, dependable and professional.
- Ability to work independently yet also thrive working as a team.
- Experience in a commercial or retail real estate firm a plus