Real Estate Analyst
Position title: Real Estate Analyst
Reports to: Financial Asset Manager
Division: Corporate Finance
Rappaport is currently seeking a talented candidate to join the company serving in role of Real Estate Analyst. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and work in the fast-paced commercial real estate industry. The Real Estate Analyst will be heavily involved in acquisitions, dispositions, developments, and asset/portfolio management functions.
Rappaport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, veteran status or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law. Employment at Rappaport is at-will.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Involved in all facets of the company’s asset management activities with a strong emphasis on underwriting potential transactions, developments and various investment alternatives in order to maximize return on investment.
- Debt analysis, financial/operating statement review, lease analysis, research, corporate finance applications and any other task requiring analytical support.
- Preparation of offering memoranda for financing of real estate projects by equity investors and construction/permanent loan lenders.
- Contribute to the company’s due diligence efforts while properties are under contract and the firm is moving towards closing the transactions.
- Conduct market research including lease and sale comps, submarket data, and general market conditions in order to create and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Assist in development of annual budget for portfolio on a property-by-property basis, including revenue assumptions and expense analysis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, Finance, or Accounting
- 1-2 years related experience
- Proficiency in Argus Enterprise and Excel
- Ability to excel in both a team setting and on individual assignments
- Ability to interact with individuals across various departments
- Ability to balance shifting priorities
- Must be a self-starter and possess excellent time and task management skills
- Strong verbal, written skills with attention to detail
- Must demonstrate professionalism with the ability to react objectively
- Must be responsive and meet deadlines timely