Senior Property Manager
Senior Property Manager has responsibility for all aspects of building operations of his/her assigned portfolio of commercial real estate assets. The Senior Property Manager ensures that the physical plant of each property is maintained to the highest level possible; financial reporting to the owner is completed in a timely and accurate manner; and for keeping other departments fully informed and fully coordinated in fulfilling the needs of the tenants and the goals of the owner. Additional responsibility includes staff and contract management as well as oversight on certain capital improvements expenditures. The Senior Property Manager will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written and as the front line representative of the company, the Senior Property Manager must sustain excellent tenant relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be a team player and have a strong desire for providing excellent customer service through regular and positive tenant visits.
- Manage property’s cash flow relative to income and expenses including budget preparation and implementation, monthly forecasting and analyzing budget variances.
- Meet financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, monitoring property accounts receivables and facilitate any necessary legal actions.
- Administer, interpret and enforce lease provisions.
- Maintain property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; completing bid process; and contracting all services.
- Oversee performance of building systems to ensure tenant comfort and economical operations.
- Participate and assist in the leasing process from the LOI stage through tenant occupancy. To include preparation of all vacant space in secured, marketable condition at all times, oversee tenant construction, move-in/move-out, and tenant welcome activities.
- Perform property inspections and ensure compliance with building contracts, systems and services.
- Review, update and implement a complete emergency plan for the buildings, as well as, for the contract staff.
- Review and approve all invoices to see that they are correct, service or product was received and satisfactory.
- Conduct housekeeping, safety and security inspections on a monthly basis to ensure the properties are well lit at night, clean, and safe for the tenants and general public. As needed, fill out incident reports and insurance claim reports to be filed with the corporate office and submitted to the insurance carriers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience managing commercial retail
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required; experience with MRI, Nexus, and Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a visible position and to direct efforts of co-workers as well as subordinates
- Ability to prepare detailed financial analysis required
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving skills coupled with the ability to work independently and effectively manage concurrent tasks required.
- CPM and/or RPA designation preferred
- BA/BS degree