Junior Construction Associate
Rappaport is currently seeking a Junior Construction Associate to provide assistance performing project coordination of various types of commercial projects, including shopping center renovations, pad site development, mixed-use development and other types of commercial real estate improvements. Range of job duties would include project analysis, entitlements, pre-development and design, coordination of contractors and construction activities, support of the leasing team and coordination of tenant activities, and coordination with property operations teams.
Rappaport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, veteran status or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law. Employment at Rappaport is at-will.
• Tenant coordination to ensure the goals of the project are met. Focus includes working with architects to create LOD’s, update retail plan sets, creating budgets, review of leases and tenant/landlord work letters
• Assist and track tenant entitlements and tenant improvements.
• Collect and route tenant allowance requests throughout the various departments.
• Assist in the development of project teams to include architects, engineers, lawyers, design, consultants, and contractors
• Assist in the preparation of project budgets, including solicitation of bids, proposals
• Assist in the preparation, coordination and tracking of project teams’ contracts, change orders, invoices, and draws
• Analysis of project constraints and opportunities, including zoning, entitlement requirements and schedule, permits costs, leasing/tenant restrictions
• Attendance at project meetings and preparation of project notes and action items
• Communication of schedule, action items to project team and/or partnership
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required; degree in relevant field and/or advanced degree preferred
• At least 2-4 years practical experience in real estate development coordination required. Experience in assisting in the development and management of at least three (3) projects
• Knowledgeable of relationship as an owner’s representative
• Relevant tenant coordination and base building construction experience
• Requires travel (primarily in D.C. Metro area) with minimal overnight stays
• Flexibility in day-to-day schedule to accommodate both early morning meetings and evening community meetings
o Highly organized and able to track various components and details
o Able to prioritize and manage resources for the success of larger goals
o Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences (i.e. government officials, designers, engineers, contractors, operations, investors, leasing)
o Self-motivated with solid time-management skills
o MS Suite – Word, Outlook, Project
o STRONG Excel capabilities
o Knowledge of Bluebeam